so this has been an interesting couple of weeks….
I can’t very well post without giving you a pic to look at. This great family of boys was very energetic and fun to photograph, the mom had seen a gallery wrapped canvas walking family picture like this that I had taken at her friend’s house displayed over her mantle and wanted a similar look captured of their family. A canvas was ordered and a mom made very happy. I love this time of year when albums and canvases, prints and cards are being delivered everyday, (the UPS man and I are very good friends now) I sometimes wish I could keep all these great pieces of art, but love the looks on the mom’s faces when they see their pictures come to life as something they can display lovingly in their home.
As far as the title, so this has been an interesting couple of weeks….. let me tell you what has been going on at the Graham house. I went in for an MRI for my back a couple of weeks ago, my back was fine but the radiologist found something else that was of worth, my trachea was being pushed over. I saw my internist who was shocked at the size of the lump on my neck and ordered an ultrasound, those results concluded that I had a extremely fast growing tumor but they didn’t know what it was, yes I knew I had a bump protruding out of my neck but it didn’t hurt and I wasn’t symptamatic so I ignored it. This is my busiest time of year after all.
After visiting with an ENT surgeon and talking with my doctor we decided that it needed to come out immediately so we could biopsy it and figure out what this growth was. (which we affectionately named “Gigantica”, have you seen the movie Monsters vs. Aliens?) I also have a bleeding disorder which complicates things and makes the surgery and recovery more of a headache. I had surgery last Tuesday and things went well, everything was benign, I was released from the hospital on Friday. I am so thankful that my husband works in the medical field and that we knew the doctors and nurses that were working on me, there is a lot of comfort in that knowledge.
Even though going through hard times is not at the top of my list it is great to see how much you are loved, I have had so many wonderful friends and clients, offer to help with kids or meals, come watch a movie with me in the hospital, (even though I looked like death) and send flowers. I am now at home recovering, I will not be shooting for a couple of weeks, so I can take time to heal, but I am still checking e-mails, putting orders together and booking shoots. I have had quite a few people ask how my little guys are doing with all of this, they are kind of leery, since I had a lovely drain in my neck and a charming stitched line across the base of my neck but they are getting used to it. Ty says my neck looks, “crumbly” and the girls now think it’s cool watching me get infusions every 12 hours. Needless to say if you tried to contact me last week I was a little preoccupied, if I haven’t gotten back with you please try again, just ignore more scratchy little voice.
4 responses to “so this has been an interesting couple of weeks….”
Leave a Reply
- 2017: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2014: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2013: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2012: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2011: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2010: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2009: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2008: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- Babies Baby to Be Billings, MT Baby Photographer
- Children Billings, MT Child Photographer
- Commercial Photographer
- Engagement Billings, MT Wedding Photographer
- Families Billings, MT Family Photographer
- Graham Fam
- Holiday Cards
- Print (art) Options
- Senior Portraits Billings, MT Senior Photographer
- Weddings Billings, MT Wedding Photographer